qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Buildbot for qemu.git/master

From: Richard W.M. Jones
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Buildbot for qemu.git/master
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 15:02:55 +0000

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 04:36:11PM +0000, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> Occassionally a commit that breaks the build gets merged into
> qemu.git/master.  Build testing manually across all host platforms is
> not feasible for most developers.  Remember we cover 32- and 64-bit
> x86 Linux, Windows, and other host platforms.  There are factors like
> compile time but the main problem is that few have access to all host
> platforms.

Is there a plan to test that the build minimally functions as well?
Could be as simple as running:

./x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 -L pc-bios \
  -kernel /boot/vmlinuz -nodefconfig -nographic -nodefaults -no-reboot \
  -m 500 -device virtio-serial -serial stdio -append 'panic=1 console=ttyS0'

and just checking that it doesn't hang and does print out some
expected message near the end ("Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS:
Unable to mount root fs" might be a good one :-)

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v