qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Buildbot for qemu.git/master

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Buildbot for qemu.git/master
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 09:23:59 +0000

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues <address@hidden> wrote:
> If I understood correctly, a build slave is a machine where the
> compilation happens and then the build master can report appropriately
> upon failure/pass. The way the kvm autotest jobs are setup nowadays
> provides just that, an environment where the latest qemu-kvm.git and
> qemu.git are built on a timely basis (every 48 hours) and then the
> actual testing of the compiled code happens.

Yes, buildslaves are machines that execute builds and tests.  They
report the results back to the buildmaster which provides a public web
interface, breakage notifications, and central administration.

> Of course, maybe there's a way to trigger kvm autotest jobs upon
> successful buildbot builds, and if that is possible, I'd be happy to
> help setting up a test environment that'd accomplish public automated
> testing of qemu.git. Just let me know how I can do it.

Public automated qemu.git autotest would be excellent.  To be honest I
haven't had much visibility of KVM-Autotest myself as a QEMU/KVM
developer.  I suspect many others haven't either but there are big
benefits if we can change this.  By running your automated tests on
qemu.git in public we'll catch bugs earlier.

Do you want to add KVM-Autotest buildslave(s) or are you looking for
something like a HTTP POST notifier that pings you about new qemu.git
HEADs to test?

Stefan