qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Buildbot for qemu.git/master

From: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Buildbot for qemu.git/master
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 09:23:03 -0200

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 09:23 +0000, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> Public automated qemu.git autotest would be excellent.  To be honest I
> haven't had much visibility of KVM-Autotest myself as a QEMU/KVM
> developer.  I suspect many others haven't either but there are big
> benefits if we can change this.  By running your automated tests on
> qemu.git in public we'll catch bugs earlier.
>
> Do you want to add KVM-Autotest buildslave(s) or are you looking for
> something like a HTTP POST notifier that pings you about new qemu.git
> HEADs to test?

The biggest challenge is to have machines publicly accessible to perform
testing, right now we use the machines of our internal laboratory to
perform those tests. About notifiers of new git commits, I am unsure
whether we should test every and each git commit, since even sanity test
takes a while (the typical 84 tests of a sanity job take around 3 hours
to execute on fast machines). Of course, we might improve our ability to
perform parallel testing, or perhaps reducing test scope.

Bottom line, the thing here is to have available hardware externally
accessible, just like the buildbot that was setup, mentioned previously
on this thread.