qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: AHCI in SeaBIOS

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: AHCI in SeaBIOS
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:37:33 +0100

On 02/10/2011 04:25 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:
Kevin O'Connor wrote:
On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 12:57:41AM +0100, Alexander Graf wrote:

Hi Kevin,

Do you remember why you put AHCI in with default=n? I'd like to see
it enabled in Qemu 0.14 and IIUC we use the default configuration
for that.

Hi Alex,

Sorry - I've gotten behind on emails.

The reason for not enabling it by default was for two reasons - it had
not been tested on real hardware, and it was unclear if doing the jump
into 32bit mode would have adverse impact.

Do you have to do the jump even when AHCI is unused? If no, it shouldn't
hurt, right?

Anthony, can we enable it only for the Qemu build?

Speaking of which - it would be awesome of we had a companion
SeaBIOS release with Qemu 0.14, so we don't have to fetch a random
git snapshot but potentially even could maintain a stable SeaBIOS
for during the lifetime of 0.14 :).

It's about time to make a new release of seabios, so I'll see if that
can be done in a week or so.

Very nice, thank you! It would be great if we could sync that up with
the 0.14 release. Anthony?

We're right around the corner from -rc2 so let's wait until after 0.14 is released so we have a full release cycle to test it.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Alex