qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS64 system mode emulation

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS64 system mode emulation
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:33:45 +0100

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 01:29:47AM -0800, maheen butt wrote:
> hiI want to run MIPS64 system mode emulation. for this purpose I need kernel
> image and initrd. from where I  can get these two things?? same question is
> for Magnum system mode emulation

You don't necessarily needs an initrd, as long as all the drivers needed
to load the userland are available in the kernel. MIPS has a tradition
of not using initrd, as some early MIPS bootloader where not supporting
them.

Debian provides MIPS64 kernels for the malta board, you can find them
on: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=linux-image-2.6-5kc-malta

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net