qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Binary Translation hooking - reading registers

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Binary Translation hooking - reading registers
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:38:55 +0700

Hi....

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 10:48, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> To achieve my goal, it is necessary being able reading actual register
> configuration like eax when a ret hook is called to get a function
> return value. So my question is how I can do this. Are there already
> some functions which generate code to update the cpu environment? If
> not, is there anything you can point me towards for adding support?

I think you should look into the tracing infrastructure that is
gradually added to Qemu. I forgot the URL that provide the patch
(since I am not sure whether it's fully merged with mainline). Please
check this list archieve...

NB: You're talking about qemu system emulation,right? not the user
mode emulation, I assume? Because you said "executed in one step" (or
something like that). AFAIK, although Qemu does lazy evalution, but
for general registers it should be always updated. The one that gets
lazy evalution for example is eflags.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa