qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Comparing New Image Formats: FVD vs. QED

From: Chunqiang Tang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Comparing New Image Formats: FVD vs. QED
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:45:54 -0500

http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/FVD
> . It includes a summary of FVD, a detailed specification of FVD, and a
> comparison of the design and performance of FVD and QED.

> See the figure at http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/FVD/Compare . This
figure
> shows that the file creation throughput of NetApp's PostMark benchmark
under
> FVD is 74.9% to 215% higher than that under QED.

Hi Anthony,

Please let me know if more information is needed. I would appreciate your
feedback and advice on the best way to proceed with FVD.

BTW, I recently added QCOW2 into the performance comparison figure on
wiki.

Regards,
ChunQiang (CQ) Tang
Homepage: http://www.research.ibm.com/people/c/ctang