qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Feb 22

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Feb 22
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 18:06:22 +0200

Looks like Chris will send minutes too,
so I didn't do much to polish this,
I didn't realise he's doing it until I had this, so
here's the braindump: hope it helps.

1. 0.14 postmortem
- what went well
        wiki for planning
        testing
- what can be improved
        rc - cycle could be longer

2. 0.15 should be end of June
   July 1?
   - features:
     QED
     other?
     virtagent? might be blocked by the rpc issue (discussion followed)

3. virtagent rpc
     what should virtagent use to talk to the world outside of QEMU?
     Generalize QMP?
     Use an external rpc library?
     Do we want to/can we have virtagent out of process?
     Hard to make well with live migration.
     Would be the most beneficial if we can make it stateless.
     Might be good for security but hard to integrate.

4. qcow3
     there will be a wiki with features we want there

5. google summer of code
        we only have 3 projects
        need more projects/mentors, we have another week

6. switch from gpxe to ipxe
        needed to get patches applied
        we'll likely switch
        need some testing