qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Feb 22

From: Alon Levy
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Feb 22
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:32:28 +0200

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 06:06:22PM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Looks like Chris will send minutes too,
> so I didn't do much to polish this,
> I didn't realise he's doing it until I had this, so
> here's the braindump: hope it helps.
>
> 1. 0.14 postmortem
> - what went well
>       wiki for planning
>       testing
> - what can be improved
>       rc - cycle could be longer
>
> 2. 0.15 should be end of June
>    July 1?
>    - features:
>      QED
>      other?
>      virtagent? might be blocked by the rpc issue (discussion followed)
>
> 3. virtagent rpc
>      what should virtagent use to talk to the world outside of QEMU?
>      Generalize QMP?
>      Use an external rpc library?
>      Do we want to/can we have virtagent out of process?
>      Hard to make well with live migration.

Spice had (when migration was bidirectional) an external agent (spice client)
that worked fine with live migration. I agree an external agent makes live
migration more difficult, but I disagree it is a blocker. It did require
bidirectional
data exchange with qemu, but how is that a problem? why do all migrations have
be identical to to-file migrations?