qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: virtio-serial semantics for binary data and guest agent

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: virtio-serial semantics for binary data and guest agents
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 17:09:58 -0600

My basic understanding here is--there's no way for a virtio-serial client (in-guest) to reliably reset a session such that if the client in the guest crashes, the protocol needs to have some recovery mechanism.

This seems like a huge oversight in the design of virtio-serial. Are we missing something here?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori