qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PCI virtual address

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PCI virtual address
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:09:31 +0000

On 24 February 2011 10:52, asim khan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Iam trying to emulate USB for realview board in QEMU.
> trying to access it thru the PCI bus.for realview board Idont see PCI
> support in QEMU although it is there for versatile boad.so I googled and
> found realview PCIX support.I applied the patch.

QEMU models the PCI controller in versatile boards and
the EB (emulation baseboard). It does not have a model
of the different PCIX controller found in the realview
PB and PBX boards.
(The model of the versatile PCI controller is also buggy
in that it works only with the buggy Linux kernel driver;
there are patches for the kernel which fix it to work
with real versatile PCI hardware, at which point it
doesn't work on qemu any more.)

> arch/arm/mach-realview/pcix.c

This is the kernel code for handling the PCIX controller.
QEMU doesn't model that controller, so this won't work.

>  if (is_pb) {
>         dev = sysbus_create_varargs("realview_pci",
> 0x90040000,/*0x60000000*/
>                                     pic[48], pic[49], pic[50], pic[51],
> NULL);

The code in git says "if (!is_pb) { ..." -- this is
for the EB/versatile PCI controller.

> Plz help me in that whats going wrong.

You're trying to use something that isn't implemented.
Sorry.

In answer to your other email, QEMU doesn't implement
a model of the ISP1761 USB controller either.

-- PMM