qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:15:30 +0000

On 28 February 2011 18:53, Natalia Portillo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Last time I checked SymbianOS source repository I found references to QEMU.
>
> Are they using QEMU for the simulator?
> And for MeeGO?
>
> May HP also be using it for WebOS?
>
> We may propose putting their modifications upstream as a GSoC 2011 project if
> it's the case.

Meego uses QEMU, yes: there's a git repo here:
http://meego.gitorious.org/qemu-maemo

Upstreaming the OMAP3 support from that tree is on my TODO list,
but if anybody actually wants to do it as a GSOC project that's
fine with me. (Personally I would classify it as more of a chore
than a fun project :-))

If anybody has a proposal for an interesting ARM qemu related
project I might be able to act as mentor for it (no promises
at this point, though.)

-- PMM