qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: SymbianOS, MeeGO, WebOS and QEMU
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 00:45:38 +0100

Le 1 mars 2011 à 00:19, Natalia Portillo a écrit :

>> I see someone wants BeBox support.
>> I already started on this but it doesn't do much yet.

I wrote a loader for their boot nub.
It currently starts by probing the PCI bridge and that's about it.

The boot nub can be extracted from the floppy images from there:
http://www.bebox.nu/tech.php?s=tech/bootROM/download
with this script:
http://revolf.free.fr/beos/extract_bebox_images.sh

I shall post a patch someday.

>> There are also several other 68k machines that could be fun to support once
>> the m68k branch is in shape in addition to NeXT, like Atari ST/Falcon and
>> Amiga, and there are existing emulators for those to look at.
> Well, there are thousands of 68k machines, however the ones nobody emulates
> are of more interest.

Indeed, and I'd love to get Haiku to boot on a NeXT :-)

> (Unless your Atari ST and Amiga emulation pretends to support things no other
> does, like Amiga UNIX, Apple UNIX)

Well, most of those emulators do not support the required mmu, except ARAnyM
(and their mmu patch was backported to UAE I think).

A/UX would be fun to run :-)
There used to be UNIX for Atari TT also IIRC, though not sure it was ever
published.

>> And I need 68k emulators to finish my Haiku port :-)
> Interesting

http://www.haiku-os.org/blog/mmu_man/2008-08-03/helping_on_m68k

Some recent stuff:
http://revolf.free.fr/beos/shots/shot_haiku_loader_m68k_amiga_vs_atari.png