qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: RFC: emulation of system flash

From: Jordan Justen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: RFC: emulation of system flash
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:14:02 -0800

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 13:52, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Auf 10.03.2011 19:43, Jordan Justen schrieb:
>> I thought this might be a case where deviation from real hardware
>> emulation could better serve the VM's needs.
>>

> If we have to write the code anyway, and if it can work just fine with
> current KVM/Qemu, is there a reason not to use the same interface as
> real hardware?

If there was a real device emulated by qemu, I would gladly make use
of it in OVMF.

I just thought this proposal would be much easier to implement, and
not be restricted to any particular size.  (Since -bios currently
supports any size that is a multiple of 64kb.)  A real device is going
to imply a certain size.

-Jordan