qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] IDE/SCSI devices support in ARM realview-pbx-a9 board

From: Sid Kapoor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] IDE/SCSI devices support in ARM realview-pbx-a9 board
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 17:54:34 +0530

Hi all,

I am trying to run ARM realview-pbx-a9 board in QEMU. I am able to mount rootfs through NFS, by appending root=/dev/nfs.
But I want to run the rootfs by creating a rootfs.img (by qemu-img command).

I was running NFS rootfs as follows:

$ qemu-system-arm -M realview-pbx-a9 -m 1024M -kernel zImage.nfs -serial stdio -append "root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/path-of-rootfs rw console=ttyAMA0 rdinit=/sbin/init" -net nic -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no

I am trying to run qemu after building rootfs.img as follows:

$ qemu-system-arm -M realview-pbx-a9 -m 1024M -kernel zImage.rfs -serial stdio -append "root=/dev/hda1 rw console=ttyAMA0 rdinit=/sbin/init" -net nic -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no -hda rootfs.img

But the issue I am facing is that there is no /dev/hda1 or similar device nodes in the qemu setup.
What I want to ask is that is there support of IDE/SCSI devices on realview-pbx-a9 board.
If yes, then how to enable it?

Thanks,
--
Siddharth Kapoor