qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OSX build issues

From: Juha.Riihimaki
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OSX build issues
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:30:02 +0000

On 17.03.11 13:09 , "ext Tristan Gingold" <address@hidden> wrote:

>On Mar 17, 2011, at 11:28 AM, François Revol wrote:
>
>>From the content of the functions called it's either one of the added
>>fds which cause problem on select() (but why ?), or likely some signal
>>masks which interfere with some internal thread in the process.
>>
>> I sampled the process and took some screenshots without and with the
>>#if 0 hack:
>> http://revolf.free.fr/osx/shots/shot_qemu_init_main_loop_if0.png
>> Things work but oddly what is supposed to be an internal dispatcher
>>thread ends up executing qemu code. The main thread includes lots of
>>calls from arbitrary addresses indicating it receives some signals.
>>
>> http://revolf.free.fr/osx/shots/shot_qemu_init_main_loop_if1.png
>> Things stale, and there are 2 more threads that wait, and the main
>>thread seems quite stuck in select().
>
>Yes, I have to investigate that...

>From what I've found out so far is that the sigwait_compat() function in
compatfd.c will block all signals with sigprocmask() call and then wait
for a single signal in sigwaitinfo() (forgot what it is). Sounds a bit odd
to me but perhaps there's a reason for that? I tried changing the
sigprocmask() call so that it only blocks the same signals that it will
later wait for and things start rolling again.

Regards,
Juha