qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [arm] Integrator/CP keyboard layout

From: jakub
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [arm] Integrator/CP keyboard layout
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:19:04 +0100

Quoting Peter Maydell <address@hidden>:

On 21 March 2011 23:03, Jakub Jermar <address@hidden> wrote:
I noticed that the layout of the PL050 keyboard used on Integrator/CP
incompatibly changed sometime between Qemu 0.10.5 and Qemu 0.11.1. The
current layout used in Qemu's model of Integrator/CP is the standard PC
layout. What puzzles me is whether this was a fix or a regression. Does
anybody know what was the motivation for that change?

The PL050 is just a PS/2 keyboard (or mouse) interface -- so
it doesn't have any control over the keyboard layout (either
in hardware or in qemu's model); I guess you're seeing the
effects of a non-ARM-specific change to PS/2 keyboard handling.

Hi Peter,

I would tend to think that there is only one correct set of key codes that the
keyboard on Integrator/CP may generate. And the question is whether the current
behavior is the correct one.

We can observe this with HelenOS/arm32/icp. We captured the key codes of the
layout from the old Qemu and programmed our driver to work with, but with the
new Qemu, the key codes / the layout changed and the driver sends wrong codes.

Jakub