qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] EMBEDED QEMU

From: Sosthene Grosset-Janin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] EMBEDED QEMU
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:52:17 +0100

Hello Team,

I am trying to develop a small but ambitious project and would very much welcome any suggestion or assistance:

my goal is to create an application that is completely corss-platform and yet contains all the tools that a full scale OS has in order to render content-rich and internet-enabled functionality. Let me explain:

I would like to:
1- create a small (50MB) live linux distro
2- inside this distro I will place a web kiosk with HTML+flash local pages and no other user functionality
3- this distro will be run from QEMU with all of the optimizations available but it will NEED to be run as standalone (not to be installed) because it will run off a USB key.
4- I would like to embed my QEMU distro inside an interpreted language such as tcl/tk so that I may use sockets to communicate to with my distro and send and receive data and messages (such as error logs) to and from it.

Can anyone tell me if this can be done, and if so how so?

many thanks
Sosthene