qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] GSoC: Improved image format compatibility

From: Lyu Mitnick
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] GSoC: Improved image format compatibility
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 23:15:26 +0800

Hello Stefan

Hello Mitnick,

asynchronous i/o is also missing in block/vpc.c.

All newer block drivers support asynchronous reads and writes,
only some old drivers don't.

So adding asynchronous i/o to at least some of the old drivers
would improve their usability.

Look for "aio" in block/*.c to get a starting point.

Regards
Stefan (W.)

I look for "aio" in block/*.c as a starting point of asynchronous i/o. And I
found that there isn't any "aio" keywords in block/vmdk.c. block/vmdk.c
is used as block driver for the VMDK format. Is it means that asynchronous
i/o is also missing in VMDK format?

thanks

Mitnick