qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] GSoC: Xen.org project to implement PV driver frontend for S

From: Ian Campbell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] GSoC: Xen.org project to implement PV driver frontend for SeaBIOS
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 17:36:08 +0100

Hi,

(I was unsure what the appropriate mailing list for this was, apologies
for the cross post)

You may or may not be aware that Xen intends to switch to using SeaBIOS
as part of switching to using upstream qemu as our device model
(hopefully in our next major release later this year). The switch to
SeaBIOS is currently a WIP by Anthony Perard (who did the Xen port to
upstream qemu).

This is mainly a heads up that we have several students interested in a
project which I am mentoring to add Xen PV frontends (particularly disk)
to SeaBIOS . You can see a brief description of the project near the end
of the table at http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/GSoC_2011_ideas. Obviously
one of the main goals will be to work with the SeaBIOS (and if necessary
qemu) communities as well as Xen.org in order to produce patches which
can can be submitted to the relevant upstreams.

If/when we have an actual student assigned to the project I will ask
them introduce themselves too.

If anyone want to be more involved with this work (e.g. as a backup
mentor or whatever) then please do let me know.

Cheers,
Ian.