qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Help Debugging AIX boot on qemu-system-ppc (it reads bo

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Help Debugging AIX boot on qemu-system-ppc (it reads bootfile.exe now)
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 16:43:41 +0100

On 04/04/11 21:52, Brian Wheeler wrote:

Booting AIX 5.2 gives me

                                 Welcome to AIX.
                        boot image timestamp: 70:80 15/C0
                  The current time and date: 20:40:45 04/04/2011
                 number of processors: 1    size of memory: 2047Mb
boot device: cd:\ppc\chrp\bootfile.exe
Validation failed: the "/rtas" device node does not exist.
EXIT

So at least for earlier versions of AIX there are still missing firmware
bits.

Brian

Ah yes - I know Andreas was working to try and add PPC64 support to OpenBIOS a few months back, and he got stuck trying to interface to RTAS. I'm not sure whether he got anywhere with PPC32 though.

At the moment Andreas is away, but if you are able to offer some development resource to help with this then please come and join us over on the OpenBIOS list and get the discussion started there.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk