qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: spice in kvm-autotest [was: Re: KVM call minutes fo

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: spice in kvm-autotest [was: Re: KVM call minutes for Apr 5]
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 13:08:22 -0500

On 04/05/2011 12:08 PM, Alon Levy wrote:

The thing about WHQL is that it has its own test suite coordination
program (DTM), that has to run on a separate machine/VM. So they have
all infrastructure in place there. If we need graphical clients being
started and controlled on a linux bare metal machine, I am afraid we'll
have to resort to those GUI test automation frameworks I mentioned. if
our test is geared more towards windows clients, then they won't be
needed, sure.
oh, but the added requirement is just launching the client

It would be interesting to have autotest support getting screen grabs from a client vs. directly from qemu.

That would allow you to run the step files through the client.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori