qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How does the QEMU load the binary files bios.bin and vgabio

From: Bei Guan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How does the QEMU load the binary files bios.bin and vgabios-cirrus.bin?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:22:04 +0800

Hi,

I have some questions about the qemu's bios. How does the QEMU load the binary files bios.bin and vgabios-cirrus.bin? Which function or code file need I to pay more attention to?

For the loading of vgabios-cirrus.bin and bios.bin, I just trace them into the same funciton rom_add_file() in hw/loader.c. Is it the right function, which loads the bioses?

And then another question, how qemu give the control to bios when the bios file is loaded? Maybe this question is not in the scope of qemu, however, can you give me some cue point.

Any reply are appreciated. Thanks.

Gavin