qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [regression] configure: add opengl detection

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [regression] configure: add opengl detection
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 02:04:07 +0200

On 08.04.2011, at 23:13, Michael Walle wrote:

> Am Freitag 08 April 2011, 12:00:32 schrieb Edgar E. Iglesias:
>>>
>>> I would also be happy with opengl disabled by default. It is only used
>>> for one hardware model (milkymist-tmu2.c) atm. I don't think its worth
>>> that this potentially breaks qemu for lots of users. What do you think?
>>
>> I agree, FWIW I've already got a couple of reports regarding the same
>> problem.
>>
>> Cheers
>
> OTOH, a milkymist team member is worried that distributions would just build
> the QEMU package with the default options and all will ship qemu-system-lm32
> without opengl.
>
> What do you think about disabling opengl by default except for lm32 targets?

I would really like to see some more logic behind target library requirements
and actual linking anyway. On PPC for example, we link with libfdt to do device
tree modifications, but link with libfdt on x86 as well when it's detected.
Same goes for the xen libraries.

Being more clever about target requirements would certainly be useful. For now,
I'd disable OpenGL by default though and then follow up with a patch to add the
cleverness :).

Alex