qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] iSCSI support for QEMU

From: ronnie sahlberg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] iSCSI support for QEMU
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:58:05 +1000

Please re-read my post or read the patch.

It has O_DIRECT like behaviour in that it will not pollute the hosts cache.
This for the simple reason that the host is not aware that there is
any block i/o happening.

In my patch, there are NO data integrity issues.
Data is sent out on the wire immediately as the guest issues the write.
Once the guest issues a flush call, the flush call will not terminate
until the SYNCCACHE10 task has completed.

I do not have any cache at all in libiscsi or the patch. All I/O are
always sent to the iSCSI target.
No data is ever cached anywhere.

I am just saying that in the tests I did,  I had to use
'cache=none,aio=native' to come anywhere near the libiscsi
performance.
All other options performed significantly worse.

I have no idea what those options have for effect on data integrity or
open-iscsi.
There should not be any integrity issues in libiscsi since it does not
cache at all, ever.

regards
ronnie sahlberg