qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Supporting emulation of IOMMUs

From: Joerg Roedel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Supporting emulation of IOMMUs
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:58:29 +0200

Hello David,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 03:03:47AM -0400, David Gibson wrote:
> A few months ago, Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu posted a series of patches
> implementing support for emulating the AMD PCI IOMMU
> (http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-01/msg03196.html).
>
> In fact, this series implemented a general DMA/IOMMU layer which can
> be used by any device model, and one translation backend for this
> implementing the AMD specific PCI IOMMU.

the patches for AMD IOMMU emulation are not yet upstream has you have
already noticed. Eduard is busy with his studies at the moment so any
help is greatly appreciated :)
Feel free to pick up hist patches and re-submit them (keeping the author
correct of course).
If you submit your code, it would be cool if you could put me on Cc so I
can easily follow the discussion and jump in if required.

Regards,

        Joerg

--
AMD Operating System Research Center

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH Einsteinring 24 85609 Dornach
General Managers: Alberto Bozzo, Andrew Bowd
Registration: Dornach, Landkr. Muenchen; Registerger. Muenchen, HRB Nr. 43632