qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Apr 26

From: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Apr 26
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:31:08 -0300

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 16:29 -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On 04/26/2011 11:47 AM, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues wrote:
>
> Hi Lucas,
>
> Could you send your suggested config as a patch to qemu.git?  Even
> better if it was automatically invoked via a make autotest target
> although if you supply the config, I'll happily patch the Makefile.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anthony Liguori

So Anthony, after hearing quite a lot of feedback from our colleagues,
I'll start working on a 'make autotest' target for qemu and qemu-kvm.

A lot of compromises will have to be made here, I was thinking on a very
minimum setup where folks can get unittests, followed by booting,
rebooting, and single host migration, using a minimal fedora guest
image, that 'make autotest' would download.

Meanwhile, here is Avi's config file translated to a more current
autotest state. I don't think we should rush into putting this into
qemu's repo, as I am aiming for having this more transparent to the
user. Just publishing here FYI.

include tests_base.cfg
include cdkeys.cfg

image_name(_.*)? ?<= /tmp/kvm_autotest_root/images/
cdrom(_.*)? ?<= /tmp/kvm_autotest_root/
floppy ?<= /tmp/kvm_autotest_root/
Linux..unattended_install:
    kernel ?<= /tmp/kvm_autotest_root/
    initrd ?<= /tmp/kvm_autotest_root/

variants:
    # The variant names are the testset names
    - @regression:
        # We want qemu-kvm for this run
        qemu_binary = /usr/bin/qemu-kvm
        qemu_img_binary = /usr/bin/qemu-img
        only qcow2
        only rtl8139
        only ide
        only smp2
        only no_pci_assignable
        only smallpages
        only Fedora.14 Win7
        only unattended_install.cdrom, boot, reboot, migrate, shutdown

abort_on_error = yes
kill_vm.* ?= no
kill_unresponsive_vms.* ?= no

# Put the testset you want here