qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] implementing ARM926EJ-S support

From: Alessandro
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] implementing ARM926EJ-S support
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 13:56:59 +0100 (BST)

> I'm not sure what source tree you're looking at. Code for ARM core
> as a target is in target-arm/.

Exactly that.

> We don't support Jazelle. We don't implement the TCMs (in the same
> way we don't implement caches). We probably don't get all the
> device-specific cp15 registers right. (None of that is likely to be
> of any practical importance.)

 I have noticed that fully-simulating TCMs could be very difficult too.
My first trouble - for now - is: I can not distinguish beetween _CRITICAL_ features(that must be implemented) and _OPTIONAL_ features which can be omitted for simplicity.

> What SoC are you planning to model? I assume you have one in
> mind since you were specific about wanting the ARM926 rather
> than a more recent ARM core...

I was originally thinking to TI-DM365: as you can see, this SoC includes several _inusual_ peripherals, other than main core ARM926.

Linux runs on it: https://linuxlink.timesys.com/dev_center/dm365

IT