qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Howto debug boot device not showing up in bios

From: Adnan Khaleel
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Howto debug boot device not showing up in bios
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 17:24:44 -0500

Can somebody give me some pointers on what the best way to debug the boot process in Qemu and seabios?
Seabios reports that no boot device is present even though I'm passing it the hda commandline argument.

What I'm looking for in particular is what Qemu does to map the path to a device and how it passes this on to seabios.
Any information on debug switches, general description of the process would be extremely helpful.

AK