qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] mouse doesn't work on guest OS

From: Brad Hards
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] mouse doesn't work on guest OS
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 11:14:36 +1000

On Friday 20 May 2011 23:59:25 Amirali Shambayati wrote:
> Mouse doesn't work on guest ubuntu.
You need to debug it, as if it was real hardware.

> But none of them worked for me. any help is appreciated.
This isn't a very in-depth problem description. Remember that we can't see
your screen.

Does qemu not start? Does the kernel not boot? Does it show up in dmesg or
/proc? Does it work in text mode but not in X (or vice versa)? Does it work if
you use the -device (qdev) approach instead? Does it work if you use the
monitor console to "hotplug" the mouse after boot instead of on the command
line?

Basically, you need to tell us what debugging you've done, and the results of
each part of that debugging.

It might also help to know which version of qemu you are using.

Brad