qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] mouse doesn't work on guest OS

From: Brad Hards
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] mouse doesn't work on guest OS
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 09:32:50 +1000

On Sat, 21 May 2011 09:43:57 pm Amirali Shambayati wrote:
> Hi Brad,
Hi.
Please don't "top post" (google for this if you don't understand it).

> Qemu starts, kernel boots and ubuntu's GUI boots. I use "dmesg" in
> terminal to see printks which I have put in kernel code.
When I wrote "Does it show up in dmesg or /proc?", I meant "Does the mouse
connection show up in dmesg output" and "Do you see the mouse in
/proc/bus/input/devices?"

> My problem is
> that, mouse is hanged in the middle of the screen.
I still don't understand the problem. I'm guessing you see the cursor in the
guest, but the host mouse isn't having any effect on that guest cursor.

> I need mouse to
> connect to Internet!! if anyway exists to make Internet connection
> using terminal, I won't need mouse anymore!
I don't understand what you are doing with the mouse, but there are various
command line tools (dhclient, ifconfig, etc) that you may be able to use in the
client. These are nothing to do with qemu though.

> I'm newbie with kernel debugging and using qemu. Your help will be so
> valuable for me.
A clear, explicit problem description will make this a lot easier.

You still haven't answered all of my questions, and you still haven't
described what you've done to try to debug this problem.