qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Memory API

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Memory API
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 10:42:01 -0500

On 05/22/2011 02:38 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 05/20/2011 06:59 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:

> Jan had mentioned previously about registering a new temporary window.
> I assume the registration always gets highest_priority++, or do you
have
> to explicitly specify that PCI container gets priority=1?

The latter.

And I really prefer to have this explicit over deriving the priority
from the registration order. That's way too fragile/unhandy. If you
decide to replace a region of lower priority later on, you need to
reregister everything at that level.

Exactly.

So priority is equivalent to registration order except it's explicit?

So this is more palatable to me but I do prefer registration order since it promises less.

But that said, this is a relatively minor feature IMHO given that I now understand the scope so I'm not going to object strongly.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori