qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Multi heterogenous CPU archs for SoC sim?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Multi heterogenous CPU archs for SoC sim?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 20:20:37 +0100

On 25 May 2011 19:44, Greg McGary <address@hidden> wrote:
> I would like to create a QEMU model of an SoC that has several
> CPU cores having different architectures.  I'm guessing this
> can be done.

It's not supported currently as far as I'm aware. There was
at least one paper at the QEMU Forum earlier this year describing
an approach to multi-CPU environments (embedding QEMU into a
SystemC world) that basically saved and restored all QEMU's
global variables every time it switched cores...

It would be good if it was supported in QEMU proper, but I
suspect you may be in for some large-scale restructuring work.

-- PMM