qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Booting custom kernel in qemu

From: Apelete Seketeli
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Booting custom kernel in qemu
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 21:59:01 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to boot a custom linux kernel in qemu, and I plan to
contribute the necessary work to make it work (this is the first step
I'm taking to add OS support in qemu). I'm totally new to qemu, and I
haven't found enough information to know how to start debugging the
thing, so I thought of asking here.

I wanted to launch the kernel in a terminal for practical purposes, so
I tried:

qemu -kernel bzImage -append console=ttyS0

There still was no output in the terminal after that, so I'm planning
to attach qemu to gdb, and try to debug it that way.

Can you please provide some help on how to debug the kernel in qemu ?
--
        Apelete