qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] block bug: tray status is not updated (and/or guest ign

From: Amit Shah
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] block bug: tray status is not updated (and/or guest ignores it)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 17:01:35 +0530

On (Thu) 26 May 2011 [15:29:29], Luiz Capitulino wrote:

> I'm testing with qemu.git (HEAD aa29141d84d), procedure:
>
> 1. Start a VM with:
>
>  # qemu -hda disks/test.img -enable-kvm -m 1G -cdrom Fedora-14-x86_64-DVD.iso
>
> 2. Then inside the guest run:
>
>  # eject /dev/sr0 && mount /dev/sr0 /mnt
>
> Results:
>
>  Actual: The cdrom is successfully mounted
>  Expected: The cdrom is not mounted (mount fails, medium not found)

Really?  That's what you expect? :-)

Where will the medium go?

What happens is mount auto-closes the tray and mounts whatever is
there, which is the image you provided.  Works as expected, IMO.

Can you try this with a physical cdrom drive where the tray can be
opened/closed by software commands?  It should give you a similar
behaviour.

                Amit