qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Add option to disable Cocoa on Mac OS X

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Add option to disable Cocoa on Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 18:17:14 +0200

Am 16.05.2011 um 12:57 schrieb Ben Leslie:

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 23:54, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7 May 2011 12:40, Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:
So I suppose the only thing missing is a --disable-cocoa option, yup.

I've just noticed that some of the code in block/raw-posix.c
uses the CONFIG_COCOA #define to gate whether to do MacOSX
specific handling of CDROMs and so on. I'm not a MacOS expert
but maybe that needs to be changed to some other ifdef -- I'm
guessing we don't want to have cdrom handling randomly change
behaviour just because the user tried to disable Cocoa graphics
handling...

These seems to be a good point. Potentially checking for __APPLE__ and
__MACH__ makes more sense? (See: http://predef.sourceforge.net/preos.html#sec20)

Any update on this?

IIUC without digging further, today, Cocoa not only means displaying the graphical window but also has impact on which libraries are linked to, such as IOKit and CoreAudio. So simply replacing CONFIG_COCOA with __APPLE__ would seem not to be enough.

Tristan, if your patch takes care of everything, mind to resend or to provide a Patchwork link please?

Andreas