qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Invitation to the Global Network "Active in diabetes preven

From: 'Active in Diabetes Prevention'
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Invitation to the Global Network "Active in diabetes prevention"
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 02:00:29 +0200

Dear colleagues worldwide interested in diabetes prevention,

Type 2 diabetes is becoming a major public health concern worldwide. However it has been demonstrated that prevention programs can significantly reduce the risk of developing diabetes. We know it is not an easy task and this challenge depends of a multidisciplinary collaboration.

I want to invite you to join our new diabetes prevention initiative the Global Network - Who Are Active in Diabetes Prevention, www.activeindiabetesprevention.com. Our aim is to bring people worldwide together exchanging ideas and expertise in the field of diabetes prevention, but also due to the discussion, create new ideas and hypotheses, how to improve the implementation of diabetes prevention programs.

If you are interested in the field please register at www.activeindiabetesprevention.com. We have started this initiative some month ago and more than 3800 people from more than 145 countries registered already worldwide. This is a great success. Our initiative is a non-profit initiative lead by researchers and health educators at the University of Dresden. We are looking to develop the network as a tool available to all people interested in diabetes prevention. Regularly (every 7 to 10 days) we like to exchange ideas and newsletters about practical experience and science in diabetes prevention and introduce different prevention in practice projects worldwide.

Diabetes mellitus is one of the most common chronic diseases. The United Nations adapted by the general assembly resolution 61/225 to “Unite for diabetes” and to address the challenge of the chronic disease diabetes mellitus worldwide. Prevention of chronic diseases is the key and with the Global Network - Who Are Active in Diabetes Prevention, we would like to bring people together addressing this issue. As more people are registered the more powerful and useful the network can be. I hope you can join and I would appreciate to find you as a member of this global community.

Sincerely yours,

Peter Schwarz

Professor for Prevention and Care of Diabetes

Department of Medicine III

University of Dresden

Fetscherstr. 74

01307 Dresden