qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] Graphics card pass-through working with two p

From: Yushu Yao
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] Graphics card pass-through working with two pass pci-initialization
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:22:54 -0700

Hi Folks,

Could anyone give me a 101 lesson on what is "two-pass PCI initialization"?

I tried some time ago to pass a LSI megaraid to a rhel5 guest, but the initialization of the pci device inside the VM fails (because, I think, it was already initialized in the host).

Just wondering could that be related? Have anyone tried passing a raid card to the guest?

Thanks

_Yushu

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Kevin O'Connor <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 04:40:15PM +0200, Rudolf Marek wrote:
> >Having a brief look at the coreboot code it seems static stuff (compiled by
> >iasl) and dynamic bits are combined into the final dsdt table, is that correct?
>
> Yes the dsdt is static, it has just external references to ssdt
> which is dynamically generated using the acpigen.
>
> Acpigen can generate the packages, names and sometimes even bits of methods.

That's interesting.  SeaBIOS also has similar code - see
acpi.c:build_ssdt().

-Kevin