qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU suitable for mission critical applications?

From: Felix Oxley
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU suitable for mission critical applications?
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:08:05 +0100

Hello,

I have a an (almost) EOL factory planning system running on Solaris
Sparc which I would like to move to intel (and preferably virtualise)
in order to avoid having to maintain the Sun system and backup system.
The text based cobol application runs on this system: SunOS gplan 5.9
Generic_118558-35 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1500. It is not feasible
to recompile the application to x86.

Therefore I am looking for alternative solutions. I heard of
Transitive QuickTransit, however since being purchased by IBM I do not
believe this is being marketed.

Would QEMU be suitable for this task? Would I be able to get commercial support?

Thanks for your advice.