qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm hang

From: rainbow
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm hang
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 14:40:39 +0800

hello,I recently use qemu-system-arm to emulate versatilepb on my gentoo,but when I boot it ,it will stop after printing:
"Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel". The detail is as following:
linux kernel:2.6.39
cross compile:arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
qemu-system-version:arm-none-linux-gnueabi-

I use the default versatile config  but after compiling the kernel, I do like this:
#qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb -m 256M -kernel zImage -initrd rootfs.img.gz -append "root=/dev/ram rdinit=/sbin/init  console=ttyAMA0 "  = -nographic

then it will hang at "Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel".

I do the samething to linux-2.6.32.5, it is ok. but when I use linux-2.6.38 and linux-2.6.39, the above phenomenon will happen.I searched the maillist for this problem, but it can not solve my problem. Can anybody give me some advice? Thanks.

--
Qingquan Lv
School of Information Science & Engineering , Lanzhou University.