qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] inconsistency between device traversal in qdev and lega

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] inconsistency between device traversal in qdev and legacy
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 15:32:27 +0100

On 9 June 2011 14:59, Markus Armbruster <address@hidden> wrote:
> The fact that we duplicate qtree information in a separate list "busses"
> either means we've been too lazy to garbage collect busses, or we've
> failed to make working with the qtree as easy as it should be.

If you get rid of busses you need to update usb-musb.c to
be more qdev-ish (so it has a parent device it can pass to
usb_bus_new()). Otherwise the USB bus it creates won't appear
anywhere (at the moment it at least appears on the busses list
so it's usable with the legacy syntax if not with -device.)

(There's code in the meego/qemu-linaro trees that does this, but
it's a bit tangled up with the other patches at the moment.)

-- PMM