qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] gtester questions/issues

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] gtester questions/issues
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:05:17 -0500

On 06/10/2011 09:55 AM, Luiz Capitulino wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 18:04:44 -0500
You kind of get the desired behavior if you run the test via something like:

gtester -k -o test.xml test-visiter

The gtester utility will log the return code after a test bombs, then
restart and skip to the test following the one that bombed. And I'm sure
gtester-report can process the resulting test.xml in manner similar to
check...

Ok, that makes the problem less worse and I agree it's possible to cook
a workaround for it. But IMO, glib's test framework is flawed. You just
can't require developers to run two additional utilities and dump xml so
that they can know a particular test exploded.

It all happens automagically during make check. I don't understand what the problem here is.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori