qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 23/23] 40p: Add an IBM 8514/A graphics card

From: Hervé Poussineau
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 23/23] 40p: Add an IBM 8514/A graphics card
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 14:10:13 +0200

Andreas Färber a écrit :
Am 18.06.2011 um 22:42 schrieb Blue Swirl:
Please take a look at tcx.c for a 8 bit mode frame buffer with palette
translation. Also VGA_DIRTY bit handling should be added to this loop
to speed it up.

Will look into it.

I doubt this is causing the long delays though.
* There's an unhandled write to the PCI card's config address 0x4, for which I have no documentation.
I don't have any documentation either for this graphic card :(

* Generally, there are some unhandled writel to 0x680, which look like IBM progress codes (but I didn't find a manual to decode them - Hervé?), and
Port 0x680 is a diagnostic port, related to what appears in the "operator display". 32 bit values are written to this port, and first byte meaning can be found in this document : http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/rsinfo/Fcodes.htm With that, you can see that first long step is 0x09, ie "Copy CRC verification code to RAM"

* a frequent writeb to 0x690 with value 0x1 or 0x3 (some activity LED maybe?). I thought it might be trying to access the missing NCR 53C810 SCSI but saw no indication of that.
The operator display/operator panel also contains 2 LEDs: one for Power On, and the other one for Disk Drive Activity. You might indeed have found the I/O port to control them.

Hervé