qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 6/7] QEMU live block copy (update)

From: Marcelo Tosatti
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 6/7] QEMU live block copy (update)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:49:30 -0300

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 12:15:55PM +0200, Jiri Denemark wrote:
> > +            }
> > +        },
>
> What about using the same form of progress reporting as used by query-migrate?
> That is, instead of

Done.

> One can trivially compute percentage from that but it's impossible to get this
> kind of data when only percentage is reported. And total can even change in
> time if needed (just like it changes during migration).
>
> > +        {"device":"ide1-hd1",
> > +         "status":"failed"
>
> Is there any way we can get the exact error which made it fail, such as EPERM
> or ENOSPC?

The errors that can generate "failed" here are internal to QEMU, so i
don't think exporting them to management application makes sense. This
are errors such as EIO from file system.

Error processing should be done in the block_copy command, that is where
checks of the destination image are performed.