qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] High speed polling

From: Clay Andreasen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] High speed polling
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:54:12 -0500

Thank you for your reply.
I am still a novice with Qemu so pardon me if I don't make any sense.

I tried --enable-io-thread.  I get the error:
cpus.o: In function `qemu_kvm_eat_signal':
cpus.c:(.text+0x111a): undefined reference to `kvm_on_sigbus_vcpu'

so I assume it requires KVM. I'm not using KVM because I don't have full control
over the host I am running on.
I have 8 host processors running 4 Qemu copies (1 vcpu each) plus my network simulator.
I have tried polling via a call in vl.c:mainloop and via qemu_mod_timer().
There doesn't appear to be much difference.
The guest is a full-blown x86_64 OS.
I am polling to minimize latency.
I am looking at other ways to tolerate the current latency in case I can't
do much better.

Clay