qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qdev and compound devices

From: Hans de Goede
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qdev and compound devices
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:01:58 +0200

Hi all,

I've been working on adding support to the usb-ehci code
to have an uhci companion controller. This is actually
working quite well, and the code is pretty nice too,
see:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~jwrdegoede/qemu/log/?h=usbredir

Note the last commit likely needs to be split into 2, and
that tree contains some other stuff too.

Anyways to add support for a companion controller the
logical thing to do would be to do:
s->companion = pci_create_simple(bus, companion_devfn,
                                 "usb-ehci-uhci-companion");

From the qdev initfn for usb-ehci, this works if
I create the usb-ehci instance from pc_init1() from
hw/pc_piix.c . But for some reason it does not work
if I simple add: "-device usb-ehci, multifunction=on" to
the qemu cmdline. The device gets created, but no ioports
/ interrupts get assigned, and it does not show up in
lspci in the guest.

Regards,

Hans