qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] GSoC Intro - Intel Itanium (IA64) processor emulation

From: Prashant Vaibhav
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] GSoC Intro - Intel Itanium (IA64) processor emulation
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 03:28:52 +0530

Hi Andreas,

Sorry I should have been more precise about that. I don't mean a standalone disassembler (objdump should handle that), I meant a simple instruction bundle decoder to decode the op code, arguments, predicate etc. so that we can generate the equivalent tcg primitives for it, like what target-i386/translate.c does. It's basically a warmup exercise for me so that I fully understand the ISA (completely different from x86 which I am more familiar with). I can then use it in my own target-ia64.

~Prashant