qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio scsi host draft specification, v3

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio scsi host draft specification, v3
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:06:29 +0200

On 06/29/2011 12:03 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>  I agree here, in fact I misread Hannes's comment as "if a driver
>  uses more than one queue it is responsibility of the driver to
>  ensure strict request ordering".  If you send requests to different
>  queues, you know that those requests are independent.  I don't think
>  anything else is feasible in the virtio framework.

That doesn't really fit very well with the SAM model.  If we want
to use multiple queues for a single LUN it has to be transparent to
the SCSI command stream.  Then again I don't quite see the use for
that anyway.

Agreed, I see a use for multiple queues (MSI-X), but not for multiple queues shared by a single LUN.

Paolo