qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SPARC64 support on FreeBSD, has it improved as of yet?

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SPARC64 support on FreeBSD, has it improved as of yet?
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 14:06:02 +0300

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Super Bisquit <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Super Bisquit <address@hidden>
>> wrote:

>> > Here. When someone else on the list has FreeBSD installed to a
>> > SPARC64/UltraSPARC device and has installed qemu to it, then it will be
>> > easy
>> > to see what I am referring to constantly.
>>
>> More Sparc (or BSD) hackers are very much welcome.
>
> Is there a way of verbose logging qemu while it runs? Maybe comparing the
> FreeBSD output to the OpenBSD output will help.

-d in_asm,op,out_asm. For user emulator, -strace may also be useful
though the output may be buggy.

Comparing should work, but perhaps it's easier if you compared
FreeBSD/i386 host output to FreeBSD/Sparc64 output for the same
binaries.

> Also, I can send you a list of the installed binaries, libraries, scripts,
> and config files. Qemu on qemu has worked for me. This means that anyone
> with a machine that has the CPU and memory to support a sparc64 guest could
> install FreeBSD as a virtual sparc64 client/vm.

Unfortunately Sparc64 guest support is not complete enough for
installation of any OS.