qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Loading ELF binaries with very high base addresses

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Loading ELF binaries with very high base addresses
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 20:17:13 +0100

On 12 July 2011 17:43, Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:
> I guess the long-term solution here really is to use the softmmu for
> linux-user as well - unless we're running 32-on-64.

Even for 32-on-64 we need to control the guest's address space
properly (so we don't do things like gratuitously failing mmap);
in theory you could do that if you could guarantee to mmap 4GB
contiguous at startup to parcel out to the guest, but it would
be simpler and more consistent to just use softmmu in all cases.

-- PMM